The world is changing fast enough, whatever’s new today will be old tomorrow. While I agree that change is often good and it is essential for a better future, I do feel that these changes are coming too fast and will make you feel dated (even if your last move was a month ago!)
Every new change, be it technology, fashion, government, automobile etc. comes with a value and have an expiry date. So when you make your choice, stick to it for a while, use it to the best before you move to another. Of course you will have reasons but resist the temptation. You don’t have to adopt to every change for just a little better.
- If you bought a phone, laptop, or a tablet - stick for a while
- If you bought a car - stick for a while
- If you bought a pair of shoes - stick for a while
- (Developers) If you liked and chose a framework - stick for a while
- (Developers) If you redesigned your website - stick for a while
- (Entrepreneurs) If you launched a start up - stick for a while
- And if you are married - try to stick forever!
Confession: I was a happy iPhone4 owner and I didn’t need to buy the new 4S!